Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

HRP's and Livebearers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bac3492
CVASMember

PostSubject: HRP's and Livebearers   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Doesnt seem like a huge livebearer forum, but i figured id share what i was working with anyways.

Here is the male HRP with the nice blue throat:

The female: Very beautiful fish.

This pair works like clockwork. They spawn and raise one clutch for about 2-3 weeks. They spawn again, eat the eggs and duke it out. I have to separate them for a few days leaving the male with the fry. Everything goes back to normal once the dividers are taken out.

I discovered that they throw about 50/50 with leucistic fry. Giving me both "platinum" or "blonde" as well as traditional. Here are some fry:

Young leucistic with blue eyes

Both colors:

And the Swordtails. I have RREA, red tux and orange blossoms(albino red/gold tux)

RREA male and lyretail red tux female. She actually appears to have a perfect crown tail (3 prongs), but is still young:

Orange blossoms:

I like this picture as it shows all colors literally stacked up:

and one more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: HRP's and Livebearers   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Very Nice. I just got rid of all my HRPs, but some are still in the club. They were Powder Blue and Rio Danli. They are fun fish to breed, we now have a pair of marble convicts with a a brood. I like live bearers but I never had any luck with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: HRP's and Livebearers   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Nice looking HRPs and swords. I am a livebearer fan just not doing much at the moment. I still have my endler's though. Whenever I get the wild hair to expand again I will most likely start in on some limia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: HRP's and Livebearers   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 pm

those hrp's really look great. I never seen or heard about them til I joined this forum and met up with Flip. I use to like convicts, till I got my hands on those hrp's. The blues and feed are spool beautiful. And thanks for sharing the nice pic's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: HRP's and Livebearers   Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:18 pm

I love the catfish:)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP's and Livebearers   

Back to top Go down

HRP's and Livebearers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-