Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BruceW
CVASMember

PostSubject: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:14 am

All

Do any of you have any idea the life expectancy of Pleco's. We had ours for 7-8 years I guess now nd he seemed fine last night but this evening when I got home he was dead. Crushing for the whole family but still I am not sure why because all levels in tank test fine stil and all my other fish appear to be fine. It sucks!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:59 am

So sorry to hear about your loss. Plecos can live up to 10-15 yrs in captivity with perfect conditions.

Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:25 am

Sorry for your loss. I am not to sure on how long they live. 7-8 years is a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
BruceW
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks all and he was pretty old in my book and he was very large so I guess it was just his time. All fish in good heath and tank is still in good shape. Gotta get a new member for the tank now I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Life expectancy depends on the pleco type. Sorry for your loss Sad most people can't even say that they've had a fish for that long, it must be devastating.

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your pleco. My buddy has my pleco now that is almost 7yrs old. I have seen things saying they can live up to 15yrs but the info is very mixed out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:55 am

Dang BruceW, I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your pleco. It is very good to know that you have taken such good care of it for such a long time. (in fish yrs.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco   

Back to top Go down

sad day in our home due to loss of our beloved Pleco

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Catfish of the World :: South and Central American Catfish-