Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

My 150 planted tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: My 150 planted tank   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Here is a brief video of my 150-gallon. The feature fish of this tank are Geophagus orange head "Tapajos" eartheaters, young ones that I got as fry exactly two months ago. I have somewhere between 22 and 24 fish. I will definitely need to thin this group out considerably in the near future, so be thinking about where you want to put them! I may need to sell off 15 or more of them ultimately. They have lovely red stripes (or they will have!) and are probably one of the gentlest cichlid species you'll come across. They are good for community setups, and some have had successful spawns in such tanks. They will reach approximately 6" so they're not the biggest geos out there.

Other tankmates include a single wild-caught leopoldi angel, a single wild-caught Bolivian ram, a pair of electric blue rams, small groups of cardinal tetras, ember tetras, black neons and het rasboras. I'd like to add more tetras (especially red, though embers are likely too small of a species to succeed in this tank once the geos are grown) and will add a group of young wild-caught silver angels in the spring, hopefully.

(The lyrics of the music accompanying the video are particularly apt.... Laughing )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Looks awesome Liz. I may be able to sneak a couple in to my 180 community when the time comes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, yes you may! They're doing great so far and always, always are eagerly begging for food, even if you just get up from the sofa. Quite adorable.

This is a huge transformation from the barren wasteland that used to be this tank the last time you saw it, when it was a dim and rocky frontosa tank. *Snif* After losing that tank I had to make drastic changes to distract myself from the pain of that disaster. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah I am still sorry for your loss. If it makes you feel any better this setup looks amazing. ThumbsUp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeah that is one awesome set up! My gf has always wanted Geophagus , so maybe we can get some from you when the time comes as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 am

wow liz, two thumbs up.. that was a beautiful tank... thanks for sharing it with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm

It certainly DOES look awesome, Liz! ThumbsUp
IMO, it has a real South American deep river feeling with the big round rocks, and all the wood, with fewer plants on the margins only. Good work!

Luck was with me as I was able to play the video on my old computer. I was looking for "my" piece of wood. *lol* Is that it on the back wall in the middle?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/portal
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Great looking tank. Really enjoyed the video. Made me want to change my setup

Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I love the way you have the rock setup. It gives the tank some depth.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 150 planted tank   

Back to top Go down

My 150 planted tank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-