Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Lucky Fry...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Lucky Fry...   Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 pm

One lucky little yellow lab is surviving against all odds in a tank full of mbuna, catfish and plecos. Rumor has it, a rusty counterpart deep in the same holey rockā€¦if either survives; it will be a first in this tank.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Lucky Fry...   Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm

That is a lucky one! are tehy from a female spitting or did you reintroduce it to the tank?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Lucky Fry...   Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

The fry came from a female we stripped a couple of weeks back. We always wait till the females are about to split before we pluck them, this one escaped probably while we were catching her. It siblings are still in the breeders net and are the same size. The rusty, which Sheila has only seen, seems to be from a mother who released early. Sheila thinks it's about half of that size.

No use in trying to catch them, the holey rock is to big of pia to deal with. Although I have removed holey rock in the past and by accident found fry. Also found two rusty fry living in the fx5 when cleaning it one time. How they survived I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Lucky Fry...   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 am

Aww, cute little fella. Loves me some fries. Ha!

mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Lucky Fry...   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 pm

He got even luckier today. During rearranging the scape today he made himself an easy target and fell into my net. So he is now residing with the rest of fry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky Fry...   

Back to top Go down

Lucky Fry...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-