Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John & Joni
CVASMember

PostSubject: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 am

Gold Gourami named "Murder" because of his track record...but now he's the one getting bullied!

The Albino guys we got from the meeting. Thanks Bruce! I LOVE them!

Mbuna, Brichardi, and the Albino Eureka Jake.

Livingstoni

I love Convicts!

One of the Albinos from Bruce!

Frontosa and the Yellow Lab

My beloved Albino Eureka Jake. Thanks Mark!

Calico Convict 1 of 2. They started getting the purple and pink after we brought them home!

Frog/toad tank

Yes. My toad has three and a half legs and no eyes...

Seriously! He had a previous accident to the one where I squashed him with a water trough in a horse pasture. I saw him hopping and wiping his face and noticed his left eye was hanging out. His right eye and half of his right front leg were already missing and healed. I took him across the street to Winterfield Veterinary Hospital where all three of the doctors I have worked with at another clinic and had one of the docs anesthetize him and enucleate (remove) the dangling eye. Of course he can never be released so he lives a happy, lazy life on top of John's dresser, with his friend the Green Tree Frog.

The Green Tree Frog that I rescued from certain death in a port-o-potty.

Me and Ramesses, the Sphynx.

Ramesses and Isfet

Ramesses

Isfet pretending to be Mrs. Claus

The lovely Hatshepsut.

Me, Chevy, and Isfet.

Chevy

From left to right: Littledog, Bubbles, and Chevy.

Littledog

Bubbles - aka - Partner-in-Crime

Andromeda

56lbs Catfish caught 1/8/12

My August 2007 State Record Largemouth Bass 10lbs13oz

My former tank. 75 gallon with Cichlids. My douchebag uncle broke the tank, killed all of my fish, and threw everything in the trash when I was not home. We are now finally rebuilding.

I think that's enough photos for now...hehe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:53 am

Very Nice you two! Lookslike you guys have a lot of mouths to feed. Ramesses is my favorite! Very nice collection. Is that Large mouth still the State Record?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

Great pics, they inspired me to get pics of all my pets too. Although you still have me wooped with the rescue stories, and selection.

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics. they look really nice.... wow, that was a beautiful tank. sorry it got destroyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John & Joni
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

@Flippercon wrote:
Is that Large mouth still the State Record?
It was the state record for the year, not overall, but still not bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 am

Joni, I like the way you've done the toad set-up - very natural and comfortable looking for a toad! The mixed cichlid tank looks nice, too. In the second pic is the tall stack of shells in the corner siliconed together?

Chevy looks like a sweetie to me. I'm sure they are all wonderful!
Congrats on holding the state record for the year! ThumbsUp

jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 am

Man, I could only dream of such a group of pets!! Flip would kill me. I love the beagle and the hound, ive always had a soft spot for the hound group. Had a foxhound growing up. If he let me, I would have snakes and lizards too. And birds. Haha but our fish pretty much dominate, along with our two kitties. I love the rescue stories, growing up my dad and I would rescue everything from cicadas to spiders to baby bunnies and once a turtle dove with a broken wing. They all went back to the wild of course. Obviously your toad couldn't, Haha but he looks pretty happy where hes at. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!   

Back to top Go down

John and Joni's Finned and Furry Family!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-