Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR   Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm

This is a pic of my Texas Cichlid.

Later i bought a Flower Horn

Here is a a pic of the two of them together.

a pic of the wigglers.

the last pic is one of the texas cichlid. look at the difference of the earlier pics. the texas now has broad dark bands, and the underbelly and part of the face is all dark.

now can anyone tell me which one is the male and which one is the female. the texas tend to stay by the fry more. i have only seen the texas suck up the fry and spit them with the rest of the wigglers. and the texas is the only one running after other fish that comes near the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR   Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm

How long have you had the Texas cichlid? Do you know how old it is? Its hard to say which is which. Did you see them spawn?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:26 am

Koolaid, I hope these make it, I would love to see what those little guys are gonna look like! I recommend getting a little 5 gallon tank with a sponge filter and getting them out of there and into the other tank when they are free swimming. It should cost less than 20 bucks for the tank and filter, and it doesn't take up much room. For a hood and light, I'm not sure how much those are but Brian might have something you can borrow. He makes his own lids:) you can feed them frozen baby brine shrimp you buy in the cubes until they get bigger, or microworms which Brian can probably give you some of our culture and show you how to grow. I don't know how to do it, he makes it look easy lol. Good luck with these little ones!!!

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 am

No Flip I didnt see them spawn. I woke up and found them there at the first feeding time. I got the Texas about a month or so before I picked up Flower Horn.

Jen, the wigglers are already free swimming. I already moved 98% of them into my 30 gallon long with sponges over the filter inlets. there about 30 free swimming left in the main tank with the parents. they probably had about 300 or more. The Flower Horn kept attacking the suction tube and my hand. I had to have my daughter pin it to the tank with my largest net. I will get some frozen baby brine shrimp too. i have been crushing up flakes for now. oh, they are the only thing in the tank so they have plenty of room for now. and once they grow up some if ya want any they are yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR   

Back to top Go down

WIGGLERS BETWEEN AN UNLIKELY PAIR

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Care and Reproduction :: Breeding-