Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JayT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 10:29 am

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I've been out of the cichlid game for a while now but getting back in. I've had tanks since I was young but switched over to salt about 8 years ago. Time for another change up so back to Africans it is.

I'm gonna setup a Deep Blue 80(48x24x16) Frag tank on a DIY stand. Filtration will be done with an Eheim Pro Series Canister and possibly a small HOB for running carbon, etc.

I'm not sure on the lighting yet. maybe LED, maybe T5HO, maybe MH.

Gonna go with an Mbuna tank to start despite the fact that 10 years ago when I got into Africans the Placidochromis Electra was the draw. It still is my favorite Malawi fish. I'm sure soon enough i'll have another tank with a breeding group of Electras and Oty. Lithobates.

Glad to be part of the group and look forward to meeting you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 am

Awesome to have another salt keeper but also pretty neat to hear you want to go back to cichlids for a bit. I wait to follow you in this process. Welcome and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 am

Welcome JayT. Glad to hear another African fan. Looking forward to hearing about, and seeing pics of your tank as it progresses. Good luck.

JayT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am

Flipper, I love the salt. At this point I'm ready for something super low maintenance. If I was gonna crank the salt back up, which I will, i will go back to full blown SPS reef. I previously had an SPS reef with only two fish a Regal Angel(RIP after 6 years) and a Tomini Tang. the Tomini is the lone survivor from those days. It will be easy to set back up as I have all the of the equipment; Deltec Skimmer, H&S Calcium Reactor and a 250 DE Halide Pendant. I can honestly see myself in the next year or so setting back up with a Deep Blue Edge series tank.

Thanks for the warm welcome and maybe i'll run into some of you at Mark's sometime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
African757
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Welcome aboard !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

hello and welcome to the tank!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   Thu May 10, 2012 11:46 am

Welcome JayT to CVAS. I am glad to know we have another African Cichlid lover in the group with us. I can't wait to see your tank and DIY stand. I hope it all turns out GREAT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)   

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone(Jay in RVA)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-