Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Hello from Midlo!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToolMedic
CVASMember

PostSubject: Hello from Midlo!   Tue May 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Just figure I'd do the neighborly thing and do a quick intro of myself...

My name is Dennis. I am originally from Delaware and was transplanted here to Richmond by way of post-military marriage. I am studying Biology @ VCU with a focus on Ichthyology. I was a former aquarists who had to give up the hobby while I was in the military, but now since I have a 3yr old daughter and a wife who all have a love for fish. I figure it is time to get back in to the saddle so to speak, and start up another aquarium.

I hope to get in here and refresh my memory on a few things, learn a thing or two, and maybe even meet a few new people in here.

See y'all around!
-Dennis S.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Welcome Dennis, sure glad you found us. CVAS members are really a great bunch who love to help and share. I'm looking forward to hearing about your tank(s) as you set them up and stock. Don't forget to take pics during process. We are all pic and vid junkies. There are some really great deals within the club on fish and sometimes equipment. Don't forget to check on Craigslist also for some great buys on tanks, stands, and etc. Looking forward to meeting you at our next meeting. Stay in contact and the board will be announcing when it will be. We have a wide variety of members who have fish bowls to over 100 tanks.

Our members raise everything from plants and snails to African Cichlids, South American cichlids to Saltwater Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ToolMedic
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 pm

@Ron wrote:
Welcome Dennis, sure glad you found us. CVAS members are really a great bunch who love to help and share. I'm looking forward to hearing about your tank(s) as you set them up and stock. Don't forget to take pics during process. We are all pic and vid junkies. There are some really great deals within the club on fish and sometimes equipment. Don't forget to check on Craigslist also for some great buys on tanks, stands, and etc. Looking forward to meeting you at our next meeting. Stay in contact and the board will be announcing when it will be. Ron

Thanks Ron! I am getting ready to take my 3yr old out to look for her 1st tank tonight, but have been looking for some deals throughout Ebay and Craigslist on locally owned ready to sell aquariums. Since I am college student still funds are tight. So I am looking for something that will be durable enough to use as a starter, but won't hit me too hard in the money department. As for set-up and stocking! I'm big on pics and vids myself...So I will be sure to post as I make my progress!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

It's okay to post what your looking for also. Members may have or know where to find a good deal

Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Welcome to CVAS ToolMedic, Always good to hear another aquarium is about to come to life. We will help in any way we can, all questions are good ones so speak up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello ToolMedic!! Nice to meet ya. Welcome to CVAS. Glad ya found us and getting back into the hobby. If ya have any questions feel free to ask around, i am sure we can figure something out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Welcome to CVAS, ToolMedic, and welcome to Richmond. cheers VCU is a fine university devoted to educating a wide range of students. One of my kids recently graduated from there and is looking into graduate school now.
Good luck with your studies!

As Ron says feel free to post what you are looking for in the "Marketplace" forum and maybe you will get a great deal or a lead to one. There is no minimum number of posts required to use the Marketplace, so post away!
Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Midlo!   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Midlo!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-