Central Virginia Aquarium Community

CVAC is a social network and Community resource for the aquarium hobby in Central Virginia!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to CVAC - the Central Virginia Aquarium Community! ... ThumbsUp ... Like us on ! ... great ... Visit the CVAC home page for News, Community Events, Quick Links, and Photos. ... swimmy
Share | 

ZeAshness and Striking's List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 pm

As stated in the for sale section, we got rid of all of our Angels (save for some marble fry we have I think in a 20 gallon). But we plan on keeping our display tanks probably until we move in a few years.

75 Gallon (2 of them side by side):
Snakeskin Discus (about 20 or so), they're reaching into adulthood and we're hoping for a few breeding pairs

90 Gallon:
Planted community. Some diamond tetras, some pink danios, and gold barbs.

125 Gallon:
A bunch of different African Cichlids who won't stop breeding lol (especially the red zebras).

300 Gallon:
A female motoro stringray, a silver arowana, and a catfish whose scientific name I'm constantly forgetting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Wow you guys did cut back. So what's the new hobby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Yea, we sold I think about 10-15 tanks these past few weeks, a lot of them bring 55 gallons. Wish we thought of this forum first before CL but it completely slipped our minds.

And getting into shape LOL. I wish I was kidding. I took it upon myself last October to start getting into shape/lose weight. And it went from doing a pretty low key Beachbody program (Power 90), to becoming obsessed with with the company enough to become a coach. And then my obsession rubbed off on Chris, and we ended up doing all of P90x together. And then he actually sold the grow out/breeding tanks (he just didn't have time to keep up with all of the big tanks and taking care of the fry) and used the money to buy a home gym LOL. We're terrible at multi-tasking and can really only handle one hobby at a time if you can't tell, heh. But we're still keeping the big display tanks in tip top shape and have little to no desire to actually do away with them anytime soon. And I actually want to attend the next fish get together if I don't have any other plans, because I did have a lot of fun at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Well I am glad you two are having fun and stil keeping the fish. We are getting ready to downgrade here too. I will still have tanks but getting rid of a lot of small tanks and a lot of fish. I actually just got rid of about 20 fish for 1 fish on Memorial Day. Just keep an eye out for the next meeting post. I will email you two just when the thread gets posted
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 am

Thank you, that would be awesome! And we could never not keep fish. I can't imagine going back from that, especially never getting told by random strangers how awesome but crazy we are for having a stingray LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 pm

i as well have done p90x... i'm 17 (well, i will be on the 17th)... and the program kicked my butt. haha. it definitely works though! great cardio excersize!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KGTropicals
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Id love to see a pic of the Motoro and the Aro (if you can take a quick break from Tony Horton and upload some Rolling Eyes ), Ive got 2 Aros myself and Im obsessed with them. I had 2 Motoros before and plan on getting more!! Aros and Stingrays are what got me into fish keeping 20 years ago :afro:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kgtropicals.com
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Haha, no, today it was a matter of prying myself from Skyrim. That's right, I workout and still play video games when I have time. Very Happy

This is Penny. As far as I know she's several months old? Maybe close to a year?

And this is Sheldon. He's actually almost two feet long, and very wide. And very timid when other people besides us are near the tank lol. And I want to saw he's about the same age as Penny, maybe a little bit older.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 pm

haha skyrim's the stuff from what i hear!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KGTropicals
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Awesome!!!! Both of them are gorgeous!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kgtropicals.com
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:25 pm

one of the nicest arowana's i've seen. it might just be the lighting but it loooks lke yours has a peachy color?, B-E-A- utiful!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Haha, yea Skyrim is fun. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun nevertheless.

And no, it's just the shot. He's just plain ol' silver. It's too bad the red ones are illegal, otherwise I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 pm

yeah, thats what i was thinking it was. something along those lines. it looks sweet though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

You guys are talking another language with your Skyrims and Tony Hortons but I'm glad to see that you and Striking have not left the hobby, Ash! Very Happy I remember when you got the ray (if that's the same one) and your large catfish is one of the tiger shovelnose cats. Forget which one, maybe Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum ?

Anyway, it's nice to see you here and I hope you'll post about your set-ups whenever you can. Another hobby is great but you can't leave fishkeeping behind totally! At least I hope you won't.

We are meeting next Sunday to plan the next regular meeting so please check this site for details after June 10.
cheers

View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/portal
ZeAshness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: ZeAshness and Striking's List   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum, yes, that's it! Couldn't remember the name at all. We just call him Howard LOL. And will do! I have family coming for a week the beginning of July, and then a vendor event I'm participating on the 14th, but otherwise I can't see why we can't make a meeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

ZeAshness and Striking's List

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Community ::  :: -
Webutation