Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FatniV2EEg&feature=youtu.be

theres a little video of how i strip african cichlid fry. these were even a little early but they're doing fine in the fry tank. please like the vid!! hope it helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:41 pm

and oh, by the way... let me know if anyone is interested in some babies, i have some rusties, labs, convicts, and kenyi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Great video, Robby - very informative, and you make the process look easy. I also like how you used a white bucket so it was very easy to see the babies swimming out, and it was very easy to see exactly how you held her and gently opened her mouth.

Nice job! Very Happy

View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Nicely done Robby. Thanks for the information.

Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:35 pm

thanks for the kind words guys!, hope it helps. its really nota hard process but its a little different than the egg strippig KGTropicals did... nice job btw KGT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 am

ThumbsUp Thanks Robby for the how to video. Yes, you do make it look very easy. I enjoyed seeing another way on how its done. I see now that is what I should have done to my Rusty, she was holding her fry forever. I think the next time i see a holding female I will try your method and see how it goes. Once again Robby, Thank You!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 pm

no problem! just make sure you know how long she's been holding Smile, if its been less than 15 or 16 days i wouldn't advise doing it unless you have an egg tumbler on standby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KGTropicals
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Nice video dude, much clearer then mine was lol. I've got 21 females holding right now and only 9 free egg tumblers so it looks like by the time I go to strip some of these females I'll have free swimming fry come out too!! Not a bad problem to have though affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kgtropicals.com
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 am

@Robby wrote:
no problem! just make sure you know how long she's been holding Smile, if its been less than 15 or 16 days i wouldn't advise doing it unless you have an egg tumbler on standby

Thanks Robby for the info. that is something that I did need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

no problem Koolaid68!, let me know how it goes and post some pics when you get your babies!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)   

Back to top Go down

Video of how i strip african cichlid fry :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-