Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Suggestions   Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

** This is for quick suggestions **
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide

AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Ben wrote:
You have some good ideas there Ron. These definitely need to be discussed more in depth.

For now I want to turn the focus to tags. If anybody has any ideas on getting more tags out there please let me know. I have added and changed them trying to do more for advertising. There may be some tricks out there that I don't know much about that maybe somebody could help with.

Another thought Ben, when new members register to the forum, perhaps have a question as to how they learned about our site/forum. Make this a question box that requires an answer. We could tally responses to see what venues have been working the best and then channel our attention there for new members, and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 pm

I just did a quick check on "aquarium clubs in Virginia", actually found Liz's Blog(didn't know she had a blog) on page 4 on google. We were on page 5 under a heading of aquarium calendar, I'm sure you know the typical person doesn't go past page one.

So that's my first tag suggestion and the rest would be similar ie cichlid club, angle, beta, xx, in Virginia. Also tag to generic pet store searches by area and by name.

Let us know which ones need help with getting to the front page of google (for those that don't know, it's a popularity contest so us searching a tag and clicking on it once in a while helps us get to the front page, not something you want to do a 100 times an hour as whom ever is paying for this will blow the budget quickly this way).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodo11
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm

For what its worth, I got here via Craigslist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions