Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Hi All

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkinsForever21
CVASMember

PostSubject: Hi All   Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Just found out about this cool local forum at Cichlid Solutions here in Richmond. Hello all!! Looking forward to learning a lot from some local enthusiasts. I only have 2.5 years in the hobby. I have so far stuck with FW, I have a little experience in Mbuna(Breeding), Green Terror(Attempting Breeding), Common Pleco. Beginner Tetras, Rubber Nose Pleco, Albino Corys, Plants CO2 injection with reactor. Spilling water, flooding living-rooms, spending money fast on this hobby, oh yeah and pissing off the girlfriend(Apparently I pay more attention to those "Damn Fish" than her) Any way folks this was my short & sweet intro look forward to learning more about you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Welcome!

I, for one, am quite the expert at the spilling, flooding and spending part - we've got some ceiling repair work pending as we speak in the kitchen due to a mishap with some upstairs tanks not too long ago.... fortunately, my husband is a SAINT and did not throttle me. Laughing

I'm glad you found us, and feel free to post questions, answer some, and take advantage of our friendly community.

Also, definitely plan to attend our meeting on 7/15!

View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us, your experiences sound just like mine LOL Laughing
There are a lot of different types of keepers here and the more the merrier. Make yourself at home and ask away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm

welcome! love me some mbunas Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 am

First things first...I love your username. RIP Sean Taylor

Welcome to the forum! We always look forward to another keeper in the hobby. Sounds like you may have some stories for us aswell. Laughing

If you have any questions or need any advice we have plenty here who don't mind sharing their opinions and experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
bigvince
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:07 am

welcome to the forum I love cichlid solutions hope to see you at the meeting

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKBax29UJwqyzr6VNGVbBA?feature=
SkinsForever21
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks all for the warm welcome so far!! I am going to do my best to make it July 15th, now to sell the GF on the idea...I mean really who does not like cookouts... truly hope to make it there!

50G White Top Hara Fry(For Sale or Trade)

90G Mbuna Community

120G Green Terrors, Giant Danios, Comm. Pleco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Bahahah she will come around...I used to fight with flip all the time about the fish too until he started letting me get my own....then he had me join this forum and now, I'm as hooked as he is! She will come around. :p hope to see you both at the cookout!

SkinsForever21
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:01 pm

jenbubs, I hope you are right. She and her mom are big green thumbs, so trying to get them to gain interest in the Walstad method. Please cross your fingers for me!!!

50G White Top Hara Fry(For Sale or Trade)

90G Mbuna Community

120G Green Terrors, Giant Danios, Comm. Pleco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm

cheers WELCOME SkinsForever21, so glad you found us. Hoping you and GF can make the meeting. Really great people in the club, and I'm sure you will share as well as pick up some great tips and advice.

ianjones
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 am

welcome skinsforever! (skins are my fav football team and i look forward to the coming season) when i was 14 or 15 i learned an important lesson about weight distribution and how heavy water really is. like a genious, i stuck a 29gal on a cheap bookshelf and began filling it up. the shelf waited until i put the last gallon of water in before the pegs started ripping through the pressboard shelving. i managed to get it down without flooding my bedroom but i have no idea how. even today, i couldnt recreate that feat of strength if i tried Razz

i also love cichlids and even though i dont have cichlid tanks anymore, i plan on adding some dwarf cichlids to my community ecosystem project in the future Smile

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Welcome to the forum sf21!!! glad to meet ya, and I enjoyed and got a good laugh reading your story, and remembering some of my own. I am into Cichlids myself, but I did start out in fresh water. Nice to know that you are into sports, football, even though you are in love with with the wrong team. LOL!!!! I would love to see some pics of your tanks when ever ya get the chance. Hopefully your GF will come around from the Dry Side, and fall in love with the Wet Side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi All   

Back to top Go down

Hi All

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-