Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Marlboro red from Richmond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marlboro red
CVASMember

PostSubject: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 pm

well in richmond and into saltwater mostly 150 tall mixed reef 65 tall mixed reef 90 gallon fresh Discus and angels and a breeding pairof BN plecos
been in the hobby going on god i am showing my age 25 years fresh and 19 years as a salty.
have raise Discus fry Koi angel fry greman blue ram fry and evey body's fav convicts and oscars and guppies which now seem to be called endlers.
currently raising true perc clows false per clowns seabae clowns and Bang. Cardinals.
biggest tank ever messed with is a 220 smallest 1.5 at one time or another probally have kept 90% of the fresh water fish you can think of on the salt end have hatched out a shark from an egg kept angels dwarf and large clams various corals.
Have met some of the big names and met alot of the small time not going to say i know it all cause none do.
have a question get stumped ask if i dont know i know how to find out from someone who has done.
well in a nut shell thanks for having me here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey marlboro red. nice to meet and wow looks like you know alot about fish. and i will keep you in mind as a fish resource.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Awesome addition to our little group. Great to have you here and can't wait to hear more stories about your fish keeping experiences.

I breed Endler's myself and they are not the same as guppies. However they can be hybridized with guppies so some people have endler's guppies. One of these days I will try to get some decent pictures of the little guys. The endler's actually get a lot smaller than guppies as well. Ancistra' may be able to get better pictures than me as she has a whole tank full of them as well.

What was it like to hatch the shark from an egg and what kind of shark was it? Sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Welcome Marlboro red! A lot of us on here would like to do Saltwater tanks. I think its the initial plunge none of us have took. For me at least I am in a Nutshell and have no more room. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
WildWiley
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 am

Welcome glad to sea another salty on here

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 am

Welcome! Glad to see you found us - sounds like you will be quite an asset to the site! ThumbsUp

I hope you can make it to the meeting on 2/26 Very Happy

View user profile
marlboro red
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 pm

take the plunge its not as abd as you think fresh you do what 50% water change weekly? salt i do 15 gal on a 150 gal tank twice a month and only 6 gals on the 65 twice a month i dont dose top off with rodi water is about 5 gal a week on the 150 and maybe 3 gal on the 65 dump and clean the skimmer cup about twice a week so after the fist cost of start up and then the stock salt is cheaper then fresh lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WildWiley
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 pm

So Marlboro red how much do you like discus?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro red from Richmond   

Back to top Go down

Marlboro red from Richmond

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-