Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Robby
CVASMember

PostSubject: Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

does anyone on here keep lineolata sewelia [Sewellia lineolata - mod ed.]? we have some in stock and i was thinking about picking one up but would like to see how good of a job they do cleaning the tank or how hardy they are from personal experience... i'd also love to see pics of where you keep yours!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
jonnydinh
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:35 pm

@gerald wrote:
Wow THAT would be cool, Jonny!  If you have any interesting observations about their habitat or how they live in nature, please do tell us.  And if you ever get a chance to come to Virginia or North Carolina, we can take you to catch Etheostoma, Percina, Elassoma, Cyprinella, Nocomis, and other interesting American fish.

Thanks gerald! Very Happy  i hope that
As  i see they like the low temper 15-25*c, in higher temper they also can live, where they live the water follow follow like stream so the oxyen is high and they is easy injured if we don't know take them

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach   Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:51 am

Skoolz of Fish had this species of loach for many weeks and during that time, Azalea Aquariums had it for a couple of weeks, too.  So clearly the fish is available but not always.  It was always my plan to add these to my Asian 55 but at some point I became concerned that the dwarf zebra loaches would attack them.  

@Jonnydinh wrote:
As  i see they like the low temper 15-25*c, in higher temper they also can live, where they live the water follow follow like stream so the oxyen is high and they is easy injured if we don't know take them

Good point!  Fish with suckers, be it mouth or fins, cannot be yanked off the surface where they are attached.  They need to be gently detached by carefully working your fingers under them and encouraging them to let go by themselves.  

@Gerald wrote:
S. lineolata seems to tolerate more heat and low current better than the other hillstream loaches.
I'm counting on this!  In my case, if needed, a powerhead could be added, right near the outflow.  
Gerald, if you manage to get fry, I will be one of your customers. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach   

Back to top Go down

Sewellia lineolata - hillstream loach

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Loaches-