Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:51 am

This a pond tank at a school I service.

Last edited by Cichlid Lover on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: 270 gal in the sun.   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 am

This is a tank I have in a hospital. I was cleaning it when the sun came through the window.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 am

Wow very nice Mark. I have thought about asking a school if I could do this to get the kids interested in the hobby. Get with a science teacher in the building and have maybe incorporate it in to a learning experience. Type up a weekly what's going on in the tank as far as aggression and breeding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:16 am

This is in a school that is a math and science center. Ben has been there with me to feed the fish once. Most school have the tanks in the library and you have to deal with the PTA or PTO if you want to get paid for the service.

Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 am

I don't want to get paid for it. Just another place to keep my fish and a learning experience for the youth and maybe future fish keepers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:53 am

So nice to see pics, Mark!

I've helped the elementary schools where my kids attended and interest seems to really wax and wane. I helped my older daughter's middle school science teacher with her tank, and one of her high school teachers who needed help with her personal tank in her class, but unless there is someone at the school whose really INTO it, the project usually fails.

You'd think they'd be happy to have an opportunity to teach about the biological cycle, watch livebearers have babies, or watch eggs hatch, but unless its part of the curriculum they don't want to fool with it. Where my kids go to school if it won't be on the SOL test they don't want anything to do with it!

View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:01 am

@Liz wrote:

You'd think they'd be happy to have an opportunity to teach about the biological cycle, watch livebearers have babies, or watch eggs hatch, but unless its part of the curriculum they don't want to fool with it. Where my kids go to school if it won't be on the SOL test they don't want anything to do with it!
When I was in school we raised crayfish and brine shrimp and I loved it along with a majority of my classmates. I guess teaching has changed Sad
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:45 pm

I had a 30 gallon saltwater tank in my daughters class from K-5. The teachers would fight to see who's class she would be in. I did tangs, clowns, starfish and crabs along with other inverts.

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Mark is that the new style background you were telling me about the last time I was at your shop? It looks good man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I wish I had done something like that for my 150!

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon   

Back to top Go down

DIY Background on 75 gallon pond tank and 270 gallon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-