Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

My Planted 55 gallon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: My Planted 55 gallon   Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Nothing to show off but...

It is my first planted aquarium set up about 6 years ago. It didn't start out with plants, just evolved that way. I sure have learned a lot of do's and don'ts. Notice the UGF. Cheap Wamart gravel. All the plants are rooted into mopani wood and lace rock as a consequence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My Planted 55 gallon   Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Anomala wrote:
Nothing to show off but ...

Perhaps it IS something to show off but it's a bit dark to see! *lol*
Looks like a lot of Java fern (Microsorum pteropus) which can be a really great look when it's done down the middle of the tank, as it looks like in your photo. Do not recognize the UGF, tho'.
Very Happy

Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: My Planted 55 gallon   Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 pm

It is dark, oh well. Java Fern dominates the middle of the aquarium. On either side are Anubias nana and Anubias barteri. There is a plant on the left side that I have not identified. It was given to me. UGF powerheads are in the upper left and right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Planted 55 gallon   

Back to top Go down

My Planted 55 gallon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-