Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 am

Shortly after feeding this morning, the Black Neons and Tiger Barbs were acting strangely. They were churning around one of the bonsai ornaments and darting around the tank in an excited fashion. Normally they are very calm. I was not able to catch them when they were at their peak, but this behavior was accelerated at times off the camera. The tetras were being aggressive with each other and it appeared that the barbs were trying to school with them, which was freaking them out more, but no fin nipping that I could tell. An hour later, all was back to normal. Any explanations for this?

Video #1

Video #2

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.   Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I watched your video before I saw this post and was thinking, what is so interesting in that tree?? Maybe some food was down in there and they were all getting excited over that? My emperors go crazy when they think they see an extra piece that was missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.   Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Thats a good thought, and certainly feasible.

Still I am skeptical. The Black Neons were messing with each other away from the tree and that seemed to get the barbs worked up more.

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.   Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am

To me it looks like a feeding thing - or somehow related to the filter outflow (they perceived that food was coming out of there?). I would not be alarmed though - it doesn't look ominous.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.   

Back to top Go down

Odd Behavior in the tank...agitated/excited fish.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: General Freshwater-