Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

125-gallon update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: 125-gallon update   Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Growing out half-wild angel juvies (7) along with some Denison barbs that are still growing but doing great. There are also some otocinclus in residence, but they are very shy!

I plan on selling or moving the angels out of this tank once they pair off, and adding a group of clown loaches. I have never kept this species because of their ultimate adult size, but now I'd like to try them in this tank. If they ever reach their potential size of over a foot in length they won't fit, even in this large tank, but it takes them so long to reach that size I'll have my 280-gallon tank by then! I'd like to stick to Asian species in this tank, so I'm leaving my lovely Denison barbs, since this tank was meant for them, and the tankmates planned around them.

The tank looks rather empty at the moment but I'm being patient! The angels are looking very "wild" currently, with freckles and awesome black barring, and I'm confident I can sell them once they begin to pair off.

View user profile
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: 125-gallon update   Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Ahhhhhh, what a nice tank!

Question #1 - Where does one get those big chunks of glass?

#2 - Your water is so clear and calm. I feel like my tank is turbulent and constantly filled with micro bubbles and small debris. How is that accomplished?

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: 125-gallon update   Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 am

Thank you!

Question #1: I got the glass from my SIL in WV, and she got them outside a glass plant as waste. Sometimes there are things you have around the house that are not intended for the aquarium, but could make a good decoration if you know it is safe to be submerged.

Question #2: The tank is not that clear, lol. However, it is heavily filtered and the bioload is still pretty low right now while the fish are relatively small. I do weekly 50% PWCs

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 125-gallon update   

Back to top Go down

125-gallon update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-