Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Wake Forest NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Wake Forest NC   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hi, I'm Gerald - I've been a member of the Raleigh Aqu Soc since 1982, and Pioneer Valley Aqu Soc (Springfield MA) in the 70's in high school. I keep dwarf cichlids, wild-type bettas and gouramis, gobies/gudgeons, tetras, pencilfish, barbs, hillstream loaches, killies, pygmy sunfish (my avatar), darters, shiners, dace ... anything smallish and interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 am

Welcome, Gerald! Very interesting fish you keep - I can't wait to learn more and see your setups! Very Happy

Glad you found us, and also could you let us know how you found us?

View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks Liz. Actually, I was searching for James River Aquarium Society to send them our Raleigh (RAS) event info, and found CVAS instead. Dennis Bragg of JRAS has been sending his event info to our club, and I wanted to do the same.

Dennis said JRAS is developing a website too but it's not up and running yet. I hope CVAS and JRAS can share ONE forum. Having too many forums dilutes the community and the expertise. Raleigh started its own forum a year ago, but hardly anybody uses it, since CarolinaFishTalk (mainly salt) and the Charlotte CAAS (mainly fresh) forums were already well established.

In the 80s - 90s I used to stop at Azalea once or twice a year coming back from DC/MD. That's where I first found dwarf pikes, licorice gouramis, darter tetras, and lots of other new & cool fish I'd never seen. Glad to hear they're still in business.

I'm planning to send posters for the RAS Carolina Aquarium Workshop (Feb 15-17) to the fish shops listed in your forum, and any others you can send me addresses for. (We want to send them to shops that serious freshwater hobbyists go to; not salt-only stores or big-box chains that won't allow club posters).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey Gerald - WELCOME!

What type of Apistogramma are you keeping?

I bet Azalea hasn't changed one bit since you were last there, when it works why change!

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 pm

@thegundog wrote:
Hey Gerald - WELCOME!

What type of Apistogramma are you keeping?

I bet Azalea hasn't changed one bit since you were last there, when it works why change!

CALLING GERALD.... CALLING GERALD....

Are you out there?... this apisto lover interested in your stock info.

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Here I am -- sorry, been super busy lately, and my fish havent been getting much care lately either. The only Apisto I have now is A. baenschi ("inka"), but I havent been breeding them lately and the ones Ive got left are about 3 yrs old. Sorry to disappoint you. The only fish I'm "actively" breeding (if you can call it that) are those that spawn and grow up in the parents tank with no extra care (Julies, emperor tetras). Good chance there will be some Apsitos at our Feb 17 Raleigh auction from other local breeders and maybe some wild imports from Scott Arney (Fish Warehouse in Hickory NC).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Baenschi - I like them very much and hope to keep them someday.....

I've heard about the Raleigh Weekend - Raleigh and the surrounding area is pretty big - probably draws a large number of aqaurists which always equates to a great event.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wake Forest NC   

Back to top Go down

Wake Forest NC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-