Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Wondering if anyone here has participated in the C.A.R.E.S. program. Also, anyone breeding any Victorian species? I'm considering this with my next tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?   Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

I've not participated in the C.A.R.E.S Program do you participate?

Conservation Awareness is something all aquarists probably have an interest in at some level... I'd like to know more about it....

I don't know of anyone breeding Victoria's, you might want to post it up on the CCA forum OR maybe Gerald from Raleigh has some insight from North Carolina...

Rama generally has Victorian's in house, not sure about complete colonies... I have for sure seen in his shop Fulu's, Flamebacks and I purchased a couple of Ruby Green's from him a year or so ago...

I too would LOVE to keep Victoria's and if you'd a found us last summer we both would have tank fulls of Fulu's as I remeber it vividly.. A guy down Richmond way advertised right here on CVAS selling like 50 Fulu's for $50.00... problem was he wouldn't seperate them and no way could I come up with enough tank space to adequately care for this many new (actively breeding) fish.

Any Vic's in particular you are contemplating?

lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

Just to close the loop, I have both my Paralabidochromis chromogynos and Xystichromis phytophagus registered with C.A.R.E.S. now. I joined the HCCC (out of Texas) to speed the process along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?   

Back to top Go down

Is anyone part of the C.A.R.E.S. program?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Cichlids of the World :: Lake Victoria (Victoria Nyanza) Cichlids-