Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New from Midlothian.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ciscosdad
CVASMember

PostSubject: New from Midlothian.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I am so glad I found this site. I have had aquariums for 30 some odd years now. I worked in a few aquarium stores when I was in my teens and early twenties. Man things have changed since then. I have never joined any sort of club or society before and am looking foreword to getting to know all of you. As for my fish keeping. Before we had our five year old and 3 year old triplets I had 10 tanks and would breed angels. I have dabbled in saltwater but time and money don't permit that anymore. At the moment I have one 75 gallon with a few Rams, clown plecos, Rasbora hets, Neons and a breeding trio of bristlenose plecos who are slowly taking over the tank. I am planning on setting up a few more small tanks but I have not decided what I would like to do with them yet. I think I would like to dirt one and try my hand at a planted tank not sure.. I am not to good with a camera and posting but I will try to post some pictures on my tank soon. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Ciscosdad - we are so glad you found us!!!!

Yes, things have changed so much with technology, specifically the internet has opened so many doors of information for aquarists and also enables us to enjoy many different species through websites and mail orders - the opportunities are endless and so exciting!

I know I can speak for the group - we hope you will be an active participant on the forums and become involved in the activities of the club.

10 tanks at one time - yeap, you are our kinda people!!!!!

Thanks for the great intro - looking forward to seeing some photos of your 75 and hearing more about your future plans....

And hats off to you, a 5 year and TRIPLETS!!!! I'm sure they love your fish!!!

WELCOME TO CVAS....

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 am

Welcome, ciscosdad! cheers I hope you've had a chance to look around the board and check out our various sections. We look forward to hearing more from you. Your 75 sounds exciting!

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 am

Welcome Ciscosdad. Sure glad you found us. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your tank and perhaps tanks, as well as hearing about past and present experiences and such. Go ahead and post right in when you see a topic you can help with or one that you wish to learn more about. Great bunch of people here that love to learn and assist with learning. We have people from Novice, to Breeders, and Pro's here who all are ready to share. Hope I get a chance to meet you soon.
Ron

ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 am

Welcome!! I am a fellow dad of a 5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old. But I only have two tanks, a 55 at home and a 20 at work.

Look forward to having you in our group!

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see pictures of your 75 and your rams (they are my favorites in my tank so far). i have a three-year-old too (just one!) and she was my excuse to get a second tank since she loves watching the fish. Where do you shop for fish? Just curious since I'm in Midlothian too and all the aquatics stores seem to be on the other side of town, apart from Petsmart/Petco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forum! We are all glad to have you. If you have any questions just ask. As for pictures you can learn how here. Look forward to seeing the tank and livestock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Are you from the Richmond area (when you used to work for pet stores)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ciscosdad
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 am

Thanks everyone. I think this club is exactly what I was looking for. RylandVT I try to go to Richmond Aquarium as much as I can, my Rams are from there. Ikelly I am originally from Wilmington NC so the shops I worked in were there. Sadly none of them exist anymore. The first fish shop I worked in was a tiny little place with we floors and cinder block and 4x4 stands. No frills but the best store I ever worked in. Now mind you this was a LONG time ago. I would love to find a store like that. I think I will try to go to Skoolz of Fish tomorrow. Never heard of the place till I read the reviews on here. can't wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Cisco - did you make it over to Skoolz Of Fish yet?

Just wondering if you might have picked up anything new...

ciscosdad
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Yes I did make it down there. I loved that place. I think he did have the green neons left. If it was the tank I think they were in they were very small. the lights were not on in all the tanks so kinda hard to tell. I did get a few agassizi cory cats and a few plants. I will be going back.

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Oh good, glad to hear you made it over and picked up some fish and plants. Agassizi Cory's are so cool....

I love going to Skoolz and enjoy visiting with Rama, he is a super nice guy and very interesting to talk with... He's collected in Urguay and other parts of the world and it's cool to listen to his expereinces.

Thank you for the lead on the "Greenies"... I'm gonna have to slip by the warehouse....

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

Welcome to the forum! As a mother of twins (they're 12 now) I know how busy your life must be, though in your case I'm sure you wish you had a third hand, lol!

I'm glad you found us and you'll find tons of support and resources here as you expand in the hobby. A planted tank can be as easy or as hard as you'd like, and we'll definitely help you here!

Post some pics of your 75 - that sounds like a great setup. Very Happy

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian.   

Back to top Go down

New from Midlothian.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-