Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 am

Thought I'd post some pictures to show off my tank after its first year. Currently, I have 9 cardinal tetras, 2 german blue rams (female), 5 peppered cories, 5 glass catfish, 2 emperor tetras (male) and 3 otos. The glass catfish, cories and 1 ram have been with me since the beginning. I had to rehome a third female ram recently because she suddenly decided she was the boss of everything. I'm planning on moving the glass cats to the 75 when that gets started this spring and adding a few more of everything else. (If anyone sees female emperors, let me know!) And with the next tank, a dark background so my algae isn't quite so apparent (the otos hang out back there all day so I just can't bring myself to manually clean that side) I've been enjoying the transition to fully planted-only the back corners have the fake plants, I'm waiting to see how the water wisteria does before deciding what to put in those corners.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 am

looks great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 am

Did you give them any birthday cake LOL!

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:53 am

Good news! cheers The planting scheme looks great and I think you are very wise and thoughtful to leave the Otos some natural algae to much on. Algae wafers and fresh veg is fine, too, but the natural scraping action is what suits them best IMO!

Anyway, I love your layout and the two monolith features (are they wood? resin? it's hard for me to tell) in either corner are well-placed.
Very nice!
Bday to the 40 gallon!

RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks guys! no birthday cake, just frozen bloodworms. The structures are resin but there is a piece of mopani driftwood in the middle amongst the crypt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Really a nice job. Tank looks great.

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 pm

I LOVE it Ryland - looks great!

Acrylic?

RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 am

yes, it's acrylic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Will your 75 also be acrylic?

I do like acrylic tanks....

RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 am

probably not since it will be at my preschooler's level and more likely to get scratched. My tank now is at eye level in one of those useless tv nooks-way out of her reach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!   

Back to top Go down

Happy 1st birthday for my 40 gallon!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-