Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Everybody check out the new FAVICON!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:26 am

I'd like to give Deb a BIG THANKS for the new Favicon, which you can see in the tab heading at the very top of your screen when visiting the CVAS forum. It is a nice touch.

Thanks also goes to DDavis1979 for his help as well. Very Happy

View user profile
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm

My screen still shows the green talk box, how can i get it to refresh?

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:06 pm

That I do not know. Do you use Firefox?

ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I am using IE. I went in and deleted my cache, and that made the green box go away, but now I only see the blue E for IE.

I switched over to Firefox and i can see it there, must be an IE glitch. It wouldnt be the first one LOL!

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DL Lawrence
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

Ok....I give up. What's a FAVICON?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:50 am

A favicon is a favorites icon or a shortcut icon. It's displayed as a small graphic in the toolbar at the top of the page (unless the tab bar is suppressed) and the saved bookmarks menu dropdown list. There are default favicons available to web developers but ideally the favicon should be unique to the site. In this case, we adapted the fish from the CVAS banner and manipulated it into the tiny graphic you see above in the toolbar.

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks DL for asking. I too had no idea what they were refering to. Not wanting to demonstrate how uneducated I am on the computer I had to look up in Google search what a favicon was. I appreciate your explaining Deb, but I sure don't see anything different. I only see the IE icon and Free Forum: Central Virginia Aquarium Society in the Tab. I'm using IE and Windows XP. Wonder if that is the issue?

DL Lawrence
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am

Aha! I got it now- thanks for the clarification!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 pm

@Ron wrote:
... I appreciate your explaining Deb, but I sure don't see anything different. I only see the IE icon and Free Forum: Central Virginia Aquarium Society in the Tab. I'm using IE and Windows XP. Wonder if that is the issue?

If you are using IE that may very well be the problem. See ddavis' post above. When he switched over to Firefox he was able to see it.

RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm

DL, so glad you asked, I had no idea either! still don't see it, but I never will since I'm always accessing through the ipad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:25 pm

@Deb wrote:
@Ron wrote:
... I appreciate your explaining Deb, but I sure don't see anything different. I only see the IE icon and Free Forum: Central Virginia Aquarium Society in the Tab. I'm using IE and Windows XP. Wonder if that is the issue?

If you are using IE that may very well be the problem. See ddavis' post above. When he switched over to Firefox he was able to see it.

Never used firefox. I just downloaded and sure enough the new favicon is there. Must be a quirk with IE as mentioned above. Pretty cool thanks.
Ron

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody check out the new FAVICON!   

Back to top Go down

Everybody check out the new FAVICON!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Suggestions and Questions-